Today is Saturday and I decided to treat myself with some chocolate muffins. This was also a great opportunity to have some fun time with the kids; they always like helping mom in the kitchen specially when the reward is sweet and yummy!
Low Carb Chocolate Muffins
1 Muffin (with pecan): Net Carbs: 8.3 gr/ Protein: 4.3 gr/ Fat: 13 gr / Cal: 164
- 1 cups of almond flour
- 2 tbsp of cocao powder (100% cocoa)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of melted butter (use grass fed if possible)
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of chopped Pecan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 8 cupcake liners and set aside (or use a silicone cupcake pan that works beautifully!)
- In a medium bowl add the ingredients except the pecans and mix with a spoon until completely combined. Add the pecans and mix again.
- Pour the batter in to the cupcake liners and place in oven. Let cook for 16 to 19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.