Hi everyone! Today I have for you a delicious asparagus, egg and avocado salad that will satisfy your appetite, and provide lots of nutrients and flavor.
This salad is balanced in good fats, protein, and unprocessed carbohydrates, which makes it a perfect dish to control hunger, keep your blood sugar balanced and support overall health.
Asparagus are a great food! Researchers have identified nearly 100 phytonutrient compounds in asparagus. They are high in vitamin K, A, B1, C, E, Folate, Fiber, and Iron.
Avocados are another super food, loaded with beneficial Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, high in Fiber and vitamins B5, B6, C, K, Folate and Potassium. I could eat avocado with every meal! 🙂
Finally, the eggs add a good amount of protein, and lots of other nutrients. Eggs are really a gift from nature! Plus, they are delicious and so versatile.
All these super ingredients come together in harmony with a tangy and fresh cilantro-lime vinaigrette. This salad goes well with chicken, fish, meat or by itself. You can also add some bacon and make it a complete dish for lunch!
Asparagus, Egg and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise
- 1 avocado, diced
For the vinaigrette
- Cilantro, 1 handful (about 1/2 oz)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 pinch of coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the hard end of the asparagus. You can cut off about 1 inch, or gently bend each spear until it snaps.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a tablespoon of salt. Carefully drop the asparagus into the boiling water and cook until the spears turn bright green. About 3-4 minutes, depending on the size (or diameter) of the stalks.
- Remove the asparagus from the water. Let them cool and cut them in 3 or 4 pieces (about 1 inch long).
- Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Arrange the asparagus in a platter, arrange the eggs and avocado on top and drizzle with the vinaigrette.